Annual Statement for 2020 - 2021
New Horizons Seaside Primary Local Governing Body has held regular meetings via Zoom and has continued to fulfill its statutory responsibilities, offering challenge and support to the Director of Education and the Senior Leadership Team. New parent and teacher governors have joined the LGB and the re-appointment of all governors whose terms of office had expired has been approved by the Board of Trustees.
During this academic year NHSLGB has:
* Received regular updates on Covid 19 security at Seaside and monitored the way in which Risk Assessments have been adapted in line with changing circumstances and new Government Guidelines. Governors have commended the detailed information provided by the school to stakeholders.
* Monitored current attainment in the light of the time pupils have spent out of school, comparing this year's results with historic data.
* Investigated how Health and Safety is managed within the school.
* Continued to monitor Child Protection. Updated Safeguarding training has been completed online.
* Received and discussed reports on Health and Safety and Teaching and Learning undertaken by external auditors in addition to Classroom observations carried out by the Senior Leadership Team.
* Explored the opportunities for reading and its place at the heart of the Seaside curriculum.
* Met via Zoom with Subject Leaders to monitor and report on current curriculum provision and future plans.
* Explored the values, attitudes and aspirations at the heart of the 118 curriculum (DREAMS)
Once again the Local Governing Body has put on record its gratitude to the Director of Education, the Senior Leadership Team and to all who work at Seaside for their exemplary efforts in supporting our children and their families throughout another challenging year.
Annual Statement for 2019-2020
With the second half of the Academic Year dominated by the situation surrounding Covid-19 this year's statement falls into two distinct sections. However, in these last months New Horizons Seaside Local Governing Body has maintained close links with the school, continued to fulfill its statutory responsibilities and to meet via Zoom.
September 2019-March 2020
* Continued to foster and develop the role of Pupil Governors
* Continued to support and monitor the introduction of the new curriculum framework
*Monitored pupil attendance and supported initiatives to improve this
*Received the updated Safeguarding and Child Protection Policy from the Local Authority and recommended it to the Board of Trustees for approval.
* Engaged with staff to ensure the role of the Governing Body has greater transparency.
*Monitored staff workload and well-being.
March 2020-July 2020
*Monitored the arrangements for the children of Key Workers to attend school throughout.
*Approved the Risk Assessment and associated Parent Information Pack for re-opening the school to Year R, Year 1 and Year 6 pupils in June. Monitored the effectiveness of the arrangements once the children had returned.
*Ensured that all arrangements comply with Government Guidance and that Safeguarding Procedures remain robust
*Approved the Risk Assessment and associated Parent Information Pack for the return of all pupils in September.
The Governing Body has put on record its gratitude to Mr Murley, the Senior Leadership Team and to all who work at Seaside for rising to the challenge of these difficult times and for their outstanding commitment to our children and families.
ANNUAL STATEMENT FOR 2018-2019
Over the previous year New Horizons Seaside Local Governing Body has:
The Local Governing Body was reconstituted on 06.06.15 as required by government guidelines.
ANNUAL STATEMENT FOR 2017-2018
Over the previous year New Horizons Seaside Governing Body has: